Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 18 6/9/13 (traveling back, Chinese and typing)


Hello 6:15 AM! Last night we had planned on getting up and renting bikes to ride around the island and go swimming until about 11, but it was pouring rain. We had some good breakfast at the American and packed up our stuff. I had pancakes and lemonade (actually 4 pancakes today too). They were a tad buttery, but it was all good. We then said our goodbyes and left for the ferry at 8:35 AM. Not much later empezó a llover y nosotros andábamos abajo de los techos (we went under cover). The ferry rolled in at around 9, but before that I saw this scale model of the islands put in by Shell and the Ministry of Tourism in January of 1998:

 



The ferry ride back actually was quite pleasant as the clouds blew over and the sun came out a bit. We got back to San Jorge and grabbed a taxi (with only 4 people: Mark, Evan, Karthik and I) to Rivas and made it there right as the 10 AM bus was leaving for Granada. This trip so far has opened my eyes to so many new things and the developing world. The exact words on how to describe it escape me, but this has made me reconsider the intense consumerism in the US and how I live my life. For example, I haven’t really missed driving around, but I miss the company of those adventures (I still love driving). I also have craved the family moments like watching a good murder mystery or chilling over dessert or something or walking through the flea market or just throwing down jokes. I also miss skating and dancing to good dance music (LMFAO, David Guetta, Deadmau5, Avicii etc). Anyways we got back to Granada at like 12 PM and got lunch at this good Chinese place near Calle Calzada (I got this good house special rice for like $5 and some great ice tea too). Anyways, not much else happened as I spent a ton of time typing my blog, so this one is short. I’ll try to get some photos up later. Thanks for all the support from you guys and hope your weekends went incredibly well!

No comments:

Post a Comment