Saturday, July 27, 2013

Day 66 7/27/13 (Final conclusions of the last official day of EWH and a little bit of self-motivation through other’s inspiration)

Today was waking up in the nice hotel in Managua. I could sleep until like 8:40 AM and then get up and take a hot shower. A HOT SHOWER! Literally my favorite activity of the day so far. It was so hot that I had to turn the heat down on the tap. After that Dan and I headed downstairs to get breakfast and met quite a few of the other members of our group Jack and Soorya and then Lucas and Ringo showed up. Dan and I had a multicourse breakfast with a fruit course, toast course, eggs and B&R course and coffee. After all of that I chilled and talked to some people and heard about their stories. I also had an interview with one of the board members and talked all about San Carlos and gave them some ideas for the program (a parts supply chain and brushes for centrifuges). Dan and I also talked to Alex about forms. So far the morning has been pretty slow. Just a nice relaxing day up before presentations. Lunch was good (mean, salad, bread, juice) and then presentations were fantastic. So enjoyable and relaxing. We also had some fantastic speakers (very inspiring material). After all of that including some great tips and even a food sampling, we had finished everything. Yes everything. Literally the program had finished. 66 days after I stepped off that airplane back in Managua with a head full of ignorance I was sitting back in Managua; having finished my journey across the continent, through towns large and small, through hospitals well maintained and not, though troubles and easy fares, through everything. Now I sit here after dinner and after hearing quite a few interesting conversations about life and future etc and all I can think is that I’m ready to go home. Ready to head back to all those failed experiments of mine. Ready to go to all of those missed opportunities of mine. Ready to go back and actually try to make something with this life of mine. I’ve got something I need to do. I don’t know what it is yet, but I can feel it’s coming. It’s going to be huge (or at least I hope as much). I want something to do for this world that’s world changing; something revolutionary. With my luck it won’t happen, but I can try. We’ll find out I suppose. Anyways, doesn’t look like anything major for the time being (the small time blogging about a day in the life of an average small town Oregonian boy in Nicaragua and trying to find something to do with his life and tinkering with small time electronics projects is not anything Forbes worthy). In all seriousness, I’ve got some serious work to do before I can ever hope to achieve anything. So why not start now? I’ll be turning 20 in a little over 2 months and it’s a time for change. I’ve sat through too much these 19 years. I’ve futzed around thinking the naïve teenage idea that I can wait with my life to work hard. It’s far time for some serious work. For some serious thinking and for some serious change. Let’s just hope I can follow through to see something come of it. Tomorrow’s blog will be much less self-centric I’m sorry (more review of the trip oriented (so I suppose that’s a bit more self-centric for a day or so (sorry))). I don’t really need to keep dragging all of you through this with such selfish visions. I should be helping others as well and I’m trying for that in everything I do. Apologies. So with that I’ll write the final chapter to this journey of time, space and mind I’ve had in Nicaragua. It’s been a whirlwind journey filled with just about every experience I could imagine here. I just hope I can sum it all up in one final entry. With that it’s 11:10 PM. My flight is at 12 and I’ll be leaving here at 9 ish. Take care everyone.  Thanks for sticking this out with me and I can’t wait to hear from you all again. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment